Sunday, March 18, 2012

Guest Post: Croissants

Leanne is an awesome lady from my hood. Seriously, I'm pretty sure she lives just up the road from me. We met on one occasion - she was selling sweets at the local baker's market and I was stuffing my face. That's usually how I roll, though. We bought the best whoopie pie I've ever had from this lady - it was soft and creamy and I had to sit down and take a time out afterwards. Man oh man.

So thank you Leanne for your lighthearted take on baking. We should totally hang out, VanCity style.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I've been lied to my entire life about how difficult croissants are, about how they never turn out right and are too time consuming and finicky.



But know what I learned this week?

They aren't. Really!


It's true! I made the most delicious, flaky, soft croissants on my very first try, with no mishaps. The secret? This awesome video by Nancy Brown. I won't bother transcribing the recipe, because the secret is all in her laid-back technique.


Stop believing the croissant myth and give them a try!


3 comments:

Leanne said...

Definitely some vancity hangouts when you get back! I hope you're finding some vegan treasures in Paris!

Thanks for letting me fill in for a day :)

Unknown said...

Croissants are one of my favorite breakfast treats!! I know my lazy butt will probably never make them from scratch but I will enjoy this video!! lol..Jackie

Unknown said...

I am reading your blog because I found Nancy's video, --COOL VIDEO--but could never find the website for a recipe,.... did you?

Related Posts with Thumbnails