Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dessert Sushi

I never understood the appeal of sushi.



Maybe it's because I didn't grow up around here, but I can't even force myself to swallow anything wrapped in seaweed. I'd rather not have the taste of low tide in my mouth, thank you very much. I'm allergic to shellfish, so there goes anything with shrimp/prawn/crab/lobster on top. And raw fish . . . meh . . . maybe I'll build up the guts one day. I do live in Vancouver now - I can't hide from it forever.



Anyways, after being invited to a potluck, I wanted to bring in a form of sushi that didn't include seaweed. So dessert sushi was born.



Rice krispie treats dipped in white chocolate. Dried fruit as the fish. Fruit leather painted with food colouring served as the seaweed. Colin even painstakingly cut little candied mandarin orange slices into little shrimpies. How cute.



Now this is a bento box I could really get into.

1 comment:

C&G said...

What a great idea, I love it! With this recipe I cannot resit: I became your 100 member! Giorgia

Related Posts with Thumbnails