Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Disneyland Rundown

It's been a while, hasn't it? Actually, I don't know what day it is. I know it's slightly after Boxing Day. To be honest, I sort of lost track. We had quite the busy holiday. A lot has happened. Our Kulfi Cupcakes won December's Mystery Box Challenge from the Sweetest Kitchen (thank you to everyone who threw your pity votes at us!). I also received some kitchen goodies - including a dehydrator, a new apron, and a set of floral flavoured sprinkles from Paris.

This was the main highlight of our holiday, though:


DSCF3232 (Large)


Mr. C and I finally made our pilgrimage to the Land of Mouse. It's all a blur now - I'm not sure how many days ago we rode Space Mountain or sucked down the magical hot chocolate that made our teeth burn. We got a lot done during those four days. It helped that half our week was plagued by a torrential downpour that kept most of the crowds away (you couldn't beat the 5 minute line up for the Indiana Jones ride). By day three, though, our legs were about ready to fall off and our feet rebelled. The food was wonderful - if you weren't vegan. I had to survive on a meager diet of hotel fruit and the edamame they sold in a little stand in the California Adventure park.

Unfortunately, we didn't dip into Disney's sweet concoctions as much as I wanted to. No cupcakes or frozen bananas on sticks for this crew. The only baked good we snagged was this mouse head:


Disney2

Mickey's got a bit of elephantiasis going on, I understand. But he was tasty. Not to sweet. Lovely chocolate. Absolutely magical. As was the rest of this very very long vacation. We're still not home yet - we've got a couple hours and a ferry ride ahead of us. I do want to share something with you before I finish this little bit of blog-fluff up:

Vegetable Desserts, you say, like pumpkin and carrot? Pish. Nothing special. And I say, oh ye of little faith. Yes, this little book has pumpkin and carrot recipes - but it also has parsnip, turnip, and cabbage desserts. Yes, cabbage. Sauerkraut, to be exact. This wasn't even a Christmas gift - it was actually something I picked up for four bucks at the local used book shop, but I am so incredibly excited to get my hands dirty. The more bizarre, the better (I'm looking right at you sweet pea and mint pie).

Hopefully we will return home soon. And, as soon as Mr. C will let me, I'll cook up some sauerkraut crisps for y'all. Until then (or until we get off this blasted island) I'll have to wish you a wonderful end of December. Keep on cookin'!

2 comments:

garlutti said...

Hi, I just found your blog and is very interesting. Congratulations on the award.
Wishing you a HAPPY YOU NEY YEAR. Greetings from Spain Marimi

Monet said...

I LOVE using vegetables in desserts. I can hardly wait to see what recipes you try. Cabbage?!?! Just fabulous! I'm glad you were able to enjoy Disneyland. I went when I was in elementary school, and it was magical. Thanks for sharing with me. I hope you have a safe and joyous New Years celebration tonight!

Related Posts with Thumbnails