Thursday, February 26, 2009

Darth Vader Cake


Doesn't look like much, does it? This is by no means a finished product -- what we have here is the skeleton of our Darth Vader Cake. Correction, our purple Darth Vader Cake. Why purple? That's what the birthday boy wanted. Also, that much black fondant would possibly have the party guests pooing green for a week. Ick.

This cake was not my recipe -- the girlfriend of the birthday boy requested that we use her grandmother's white cake recipe. It was lovely tasting, but man was it ever thick and heavy. And it took quite a while to assemble and mix, as well. I don't know if I'd ever use that recipe again - the reward is not big enough to make up for the work.


Here's Vader almost complete -- rolling out the dark purple fondant became quite the chore. I believe the batch I used was a little dry -- good thing I've perfected the recipe.



Finally, here's the complete cake -- as well as the happy birthday boy, who loves acting like a big Star Wars Geek. I think it came out lovely for such a heavy cake. I'd love to try out this one again one day.

2 comments:

aprons for kids said...

thats one weird birthday boy... why does he want a purple dark cader anyway? maybe he is fan of purple color. L)

Anonymous said...

haha i love it! looks so cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails